This Policy does not cover how we treat personal information we obtain from other sources, such as offline, on other websites or through email communications. This Policy also does not apply to the practices of companies that we do not own or control or to people that we do not employ or manage.
Information Collection and Use (General). We collect personal information when you register and complete your user profile with us. Personal information is information about you that is personally identifiable, like your name, address, email address or phone number.
When you register, we ask for information such as your name and email. Once you register with us and sign in to our services, you are not anonymous to us.
To enable us to verify your identity to be a Contributor, we may ask your age, location, web address, phone number, or ask you to verify certain public records information. You do not have to become a Contributor to visit or view the content on the Website. You can optionally become a Contributor to participate and provide content. We may also ask for demographic information like age, gender, location and income level to show more relevant and targeted content, but providing this information is optional.
We automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, our cookie information (if any) and the page you request.
We use information for the following general purposes: fulfill your requests for products and services, customize the content you see, improve our services, contact you, conduct research and provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients.
Information Collection and Use (Children). People of all ages can read, view, print and download information on the Website. However, we do not allow children under age 18 to register for an account as a Contributor, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18.
If you are a parent and suspect that your child has provided us with personally identifiable information, please notify us by going to the Contact Us area of the Website.
Information Sharing and Disclosure. We are not in the business of renting or selling personal information you provide on the Website with other people or non-affiliated companies. We do share your information to provide products or services you have requested, when we have your permission, and under the following circumstances:
• We provide the information to trusted partners who work with us and are covered under our confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your personal information to help us communicate with you about offers from us and our marketing partners. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
• We may share names and emails of members who join us as part of a co-branded partnership with us with that specific partner.
• We may share your contact information with contractors for the purpose of order fulfillment or for the purpose of identity or credential verification. Payment details will not be shared.
• We may share aggregate demographic information with third parties such as the media and government agencies. This aggregate information is typically in the form of statistics, such as number of users of the Website in a particular age group. Such aggregate information is not traceable back to you as an individual.
• We may share your information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process or to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement agencies or officials, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
• Cookies. We set and access cookies on your computer. A cookie is a small bit of information used by the Website to track your session. It does not contain any sensitive information. No other websites can access cookies set by us, nor can our Website access cookies set by other websites.
• Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can reset your browser to refuse (disable) all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent, giving you the option to accept or reject the cookie. However, some of our features and services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
• Log Information. When you use the Website, our servers automatically record information in a server log that your browser normally sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs include information such as your web request, IP address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
• Account Information and Communications. You can edit your Website account information at any time by logging in to the Website and entering the My Control Center area.
• You may opt out of receiving our marketing materials by logging in to the Website, entering My Control Center and editing your email preferences. Please note that even if you do opt out of receiving marketing materials, we reserve the right and will continue to send you certain infrequent communications relating to our service and/or your Website account, such as service announcements and administrative messages that are considered part of your Website account, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
• Confidentiality and Security. We limit access to personal information about you to employees and contractors who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs. We will use reasonable security measures to protect against any unauthorized access to and disclosure of your personal information. However, please note that we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
• Your Website account information is password protected.
• In certain areas, we use industry-standard SSL encryption to protect data transmissions.
• Data you provide to us will be stored on the Internet worldwide and by providing us with your information, you understand and consent to the international transfer of your data to servers, routers and cables that may be in international locations.
• You should take steps to protect yourself as well. For example, do not share your password with anyone else and take measures to prevent it from unauthorized access or disclosure.
• Links. We may post links to other websites as a service to you. These sites are operated by companies that are outside of our control, and your activities at those sites will be governed by the policies and practices of those third parties. We encourage you to review the privacy practices of these third parties before disclosing any personally identifiable information. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of those third-party sites, even if you got to those sites from our Website.